Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Conditions of Group Ticket Offer
Extension to Group Ticket Offer
The Group Ticket Offer has been extended until 30 November 2005. For every 20 tickets per session in a particular price level purchased by an Eligible Group before 30 November 2005, Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation will provide to the Eligible Group two additional tickets to the same session in the same price level subject to availability. Clause 5 of the Conditions of Group Ticket Offer is varied accordingly. All other conditions relating to the Group Ticket Offer remain unchanged.
1. The Group Ticket Offer is, in the first instance, exclusively available to the following Australian organisations for non-commercial purposes:
(b) local councils
(c) sporting associations
(d) formal community groups
(e) formal, non-commercial, non-profit social groups.
Without limitation, the following groups are not Eligible Groups and are expressly excluded from the Group Ticket Offer unless otherwise authorised in writing by Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation (‘M2006’):
(a) ticket re-sellers
(b) organisations which provide marketing, promotion and/or entertainment services
(c) corporate clubs/societies
(d) any organisation which competes with a Games sponsor. M2006 reserves the right to seek evidence from any group applying for tickets in the Group Ticket Offer that it falls within the definition of Eligible Group, and/or an undertaking that it will use the tickets only for non-commercial purposes.
2. The Group Offer is open to Eligible Groups from 25 July 2005. Tickets must be requested by using the Official Group Ticket Offer Order Form (‘Group Order’). All Group Orders are subject to M2006 approval. Once a Group Order is received by M2006 it cannot be cancelled or altered except to request additional tickets to the same session already ordered, on one occasion only. Additional tickets will be sold subject to availability. Eligible Groups may submit more than one Group Order.
3. The tickets in the Group Ticket Offer will be sold to Eligible Groups on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability. Submission of a Group Order does not guarantee that an Eligible Group will receive the tickets requested. If a Group Order can only be partially filled, M2006 or its agent will contact the designated representative of the Eligible Group and discuss ticket availability.
4. The minimum number of tickets in a Group Order is 20 per session. All tickets for each session must be within the same price level. All ticket prices within each price level for each session are the same, regardless of the age of the members of the Eligible Group. There are no concession priced tickets.
5. For every 20 tickets per session in a particular price level purchased by an Eligible Group before 30 November 2005, M2006 will provide to the Eligible Group two additional tickets to the same session in the same price level subject to availability. Woolworths, the sponsor supporting the Group Ticket Offer, will pay M2006 for the cost of these additional tickets on behalf of the Eligible Group, and there will be no charge for these additional tickets to the Eligible Group.
6. Each Eligible Group must nominate a designated representative to be responsible for the Group Order on behalf of the Eligible Group. The designated representative must be contactable by M2006 or its agent during business hours in relation to the Group Order, and have authority to approve any proposals by M2006 or its agent in relation to the Group Order.
7. Incomplete, illegible or unsigned Group Orders will not be accepted.
8. M2006 will endeavour to seat Group Orders together. However, due to the size and configuration of certain venues, it may in some cases be necessary to split groups to fit into available seating space. If this is necessary, M2006 or its agent will contact the designated representative of the Eligible Group to discuss proposed seating arrangements. Allocation of seating within each price level is at the sole discretion of M2006.
9. Tickets must not be sold or distributed above their face value, or used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes, unless prior approved in writing by M2006. In particular, tickets must not be used for fundraising purposes, unless prior approved in writing by M2006. If this condition is breached the tickets will be void and will not entitle the holders to admission to the event and any violators may be prosecuted.
10. Ticket prices include taxes, fees and charges, and also public transport for each ticket holder on the day of the event on metropolitan Melbourne’s trains, trams and buses that accept Metcard.
11. Full payment must be provided with the Group Order. Payment may be provided by Visa, MasterCard, Bankcard, cheque or money order. Credit cards will be charged from the date of processing of the Group Order. Cheque and money order will be banked on receipt. Unsuccessful Group Orders paid by cheque or money order will be refunded in full. Refund cheques will be dispatched from October 2005.
12. If insufficient funds are available or if payment cannot be completed in full, the Group Order will be void and the Eligible Group will be liable for any costs incurred by M2006.
13. Tickets sold through the Group Ticket Offer will be dispatched to the address on the Group Ticket Offer Order Form in December 2005.
14. Changes to address details may be notified to email@example.com or Group Ticket Offer, Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games, PO Box 5206, South Melbourne, VIC 3205.
15. All tickets purchased through the Group Ticket Offer are subject to the Conditions of Attendance. To view the Conditions of Attendance, visit www.melbourne2006.com.au or call 1300 00 2006 to have a copy sent to you.
16.Tickets sold through the Group Ticket Offer are sold on a no refund no exchange basis, except where the Eligible Group is entitled to a refund by virtue of the operation of the Trade Practices Act 1974 or equivalent State or Territory legislation, or as set out in these conditions.
17. M2006 will refund the face value of the tickets to the Eligible Group only if:
(a) the tickets are for a session which is cancelled and cannot be rescheduled
(b) the Games are cancelled
(c) the Eligible Group is entitled to a refund by virtue of the operation of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or equivalent State legislation.
18. If a session is rescheduled to another date or venue, the Eligible Group may either:
(a) use its existing tickets for the rescheduled session if the venue has not changed
(b) where the venue has changed, exchange its tickets for tickets of the same or lower face value, subject to availability, to the rescheduled session or to an alternative event.
Tickets may be exchanged in person at an authorised Games ticket exchange location. The designated representative must provide the original tickets at the time of exchange. To obtain further information relating to rescheduled sessions, contact M2006 on 1300 00 2006 or consult the website www.melbourne2006.com.au within a reasonable period of time before the rescheduled session.
19. If the Eligible Group chooses to exchange its tickets for tickets of lower face value in accordance with paragraph 18(b), the Eligible Group agrees not to claim the difference between the tickets as a debt owing to it by M2006.
20. The Eligible Group cannot exchange its tickets and cannot obtain a refund if:
(a) after a session has started it is cancelled for any reason, including due to inclement weather
(b) the time of, participants competing in, or events included in a session change after the date the Eligible Group purchased its tickets
(c) the participants competing in an event or session change at any time without notice, whether through unavailability, injury, illness or for any other reason
(d) one or more members of the Eligible Group experiences a change in personal circumstances
(e) one or more members of the Eligible Group change their mind.
21. Tickets not purchased or obtained through M2006 or its authorised sales agents might be stolen or counterfeit tickets. M2006 accepts no responsibility for stolen or counterfeit tickets purchased or obtained through unauthorised sources. Spectators in possession of tickets that are counterfeit or have been reported as lost or stolen will be refused entry or removed from the venue at M2006’s sole discretion. M2006 is not obliged to replace tickets under any circumstances, including, but not limited to loss or theft. M2006 reserves the right, however, to replace a ticket which has been lost or stolen and charge a fee for that replacement, in its sole discretion.
22. M2006 is not liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Eligible Group or any members of the Eligible Group as a result of the Games or any session being cancelled, postponed or changed.
23. If any members of the Eligible Group are awaiting a refund cheque from M2006 from the public Ticket Ballot or Special Ticket Offer, this amount cannot be credited towards tickets in the Group Ticket Offer.
24. The Games are a declared event under the Sports Event Ticketing (Fair Access) Act 2002 (Vic). Compliance with the Commonwealth Games ticketing scheme, approved under this Act, will be monitored by Consumer Affairs Australia.
25. The Group Ticket Offer is subject to the law of Victoria, Australia.