Skip to Content.
Skip to Navigation.
Print this page
Return to site
Return to the CGF home page.
You Are Here:
Win tickets to the Rugby 7s final in Melbourne (NSW only)
Sorry, this competition is now closed.
Congratulations to David McKay of Ryde NSW
Love your Rugby Union? Then chances are you saw Australia battling it out against New Zealand for the Bledisloe Cup on 13 August in New South Wales. We are giving you the chance to see some of the world's top Rugby 7s teams compete during the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games in March next year.
There is one major prize up for grabs which includes tickets for four people to the entire day of Games Rugby finals action on 17 March 2006, as well as return flights and two nights accommodation in Melbourne. The total prize value is approximately $4,000.
To be eligible to enter the prize draw, you must SMS your full name to 19 992 288 before 3 September 2005.
SMS calls will be charged at 55c including GST. You must be a New South Wales resident to be eligible for entry.
3 September 2005
. NSW Permit number TPL05/06927.
Terms and Conditions – Bledisloe Cup promotion
1. Information on how to enter and on prizes form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of New South Wales who fulfil the entry requirements. Employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, sponsors and all Commonwealth Games bodies are ineligible to enter.
3. Entry is only open to consumers with a SMS compatible mobile phone connected to a service provider which permits text messaging to the promotional SMS number. It is recommended that entrants check with their individual service provider in this regard.
4. The promotion starts 9am EST 13 August 2005 and ends midnight EST 3 September 2005. To be eligible to enter the prize draw, you must SMS your full name to 19 992 288 before the closing date. The cost of sending an SMS is charged at 55c per message including GST. There is no limit on the number of times a person can enter.
5. There will be one prize drawn consisting of four tickets to all of the Rugby 7s sessions on 17 March 2006 at the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games held at the Telstra Dome venue in Melbourne. All tickets are Price Level A. The prize also includes four return economy flights from Sydney to Melbourne and accommodation for four adults twin share staying two nights in Melbourne at a minimum three star hotel. The total prize value is approximately $4,000.
6. A random computerised prize draw will be conducted at Communicator Interactive, Level 8, 9-13 Young Street, Sydney NSW 2000, at midday on Wednesday 7 September 2005.
7. The winner will be contacted by phone and in writing within 2 days of the prize draw. Their names will be published on the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games website on 9 September 2005.
8. If for any reason the person is unable to receive their prize or is unable to be contacted a second place draw will take place on Friday 7 October 2005 at the address indicated above. In this instance the winner’s name would be published on the website and in The Australian on 21 October 2005.
9. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
10. The SMS message must be received during the Promotion Period. Computerised entries are not permitted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over mobile telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. In case of dispute the entrant will be taken to be the holder of the mobile telephone account from which the entry was received.
11. Use of the tickets is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to those tickets.
12. In the event that any part of the prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may provide a suitable replacement prize which is deemed to be of equal or greater value. In these circumstances, the Promoter shall agree the replacement prize with the relevant state authorities responsible for regulating prize draws.
13. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter, the State of Victoria and all Commonwealth Games bodies shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the promotion or the prize.
14. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written directions of any relevant authority.
16. The Promoter is Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation, ABN 22088659705, World Trade Centre, Siddeley Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000.
17. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
18. Authorised under permit number NSW: TPL05/06927.
News and Photos
Schedule and Results
Video and Audio
Sports and Venues
Queen's Baton Relay
Traffic and Transport
Karak the Mascot
You are here:
About this site
Print this page
Email a friend
Back to top
© 2003-2006 Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation.
Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games indicia and images
under Commonwealth and Victorian legislation.